Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Oops...

Well, I did not get to bed on time last night, and I did not get up this morning...I was paying the price of having done too much in a day... I drove to Burlington after a busy day of child care and home care...the sitting down really brought out how much pain I was in.

I did not sleep well due to muscle aches and cramps. Silly me.

However, I intend to go on a leisurely walk when the big kids are home to help with my little one. I do not want to lose the momentum when I am doing a good thing.

I DID work on my project. I got most of the major pieces cut out. All I have left are teeny tiny flowers that will be very painstaking and must be done with no distractions or little hands.

I have a few more goals...then I had better stop and let those become habit, lest I become overwhelmed.

1. Go to bed at 10:30
2. Up and walking at 6:15
3. 15 minutes of creativity a day
4. Scripture reading each night( I am 100% on this, and it feels really good)
5. Bring my camera on walks with me.

I would like to explain my blog name. I was searching Vermont's endangered and threatened species list for a project I am working on, and felt a depth of nostalgia. Looking at, appreciating and knowing wildflowers reminds me of my Grandmother, who has died, and who I admired and wish I had had more time to develop a relationship with. It was this same day that I created my blog. My blog is about sort of uncovering/ finding myself...and there is a similarity in searching for wildflowers..they are not always easy to see, they are always beautiful and exciting and one of the best things about discovering a wildflower is sharing it with others..hence the name.

So here is wishing for better work at meeting my goals for this afternoon and tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. April that was a wonderful post. I wish you well on your goals. I can remember that in highschool I went on nature walks and discovered wildflowers and then sketched them and researched their botanical names for extra credit. It kept me from flunking biology.

    ReplyDelete