Monday, March 16, 2009

Oooh I am very excited to have a blog that is just for me...I don't share it with my little people, so I can totally share top secret things.

I work at a local retail store...I have never enjoyed shopping, and never prioritized it. I often would pause at the clearance racks, and feel like there was never anything for me, and if there was, it was not discounted enough. However, since I have frequent access to sale racks, and plenty of time to peruse them(as I have to organize them) I am in love with shopping for my family. Of course I also have a discount! One day, as I was looking over a sale pile, I actually had tears come to my eyes...because I often bemoan our inability to buy our children things they want and sometimes even the things they need(at least we can't do it in the time frame desired, we usually get around to it) But as I stood there that day, I thought.."This job is not just a paycheck, it is a blessing, my children will be able to have the things they need, and some of what they want, because I can find it in prices that fit our budget...and it is better quality than some of what we usually buy!"

So, some of my recent conquests...
I bought two of these toasty flannel shirt/hoodies...for a grand total of $.67 a piece, after using a coupon and my discount on an already clearanced item! The sweater was also the same price...yippeee!
Now...I did not buy these on clearance. This was a just because it was fun...and almost Easter. I have not bought Easter dresses since we lived in Montana...so this was very fun. They were originally 49.99 for each big girl dress. I bough them when they were 40% off, then used a coupon...then applied my discount...final price...$16.07 each, with the undershirts costing $4.43 a piece. For the little one, the dress and shrug were $14.99 each...$6.33 after before mentioned discounts..I am so excited for Easter morning!








No comments:

Post a Comment