Monday, March 16, 2009

Falling off the wagon


Well...I have not done well this weekend, as far as goals go...I am mostly ok with it though.

I went for a last minute trip to my parents home, four of the five young people in tow. We are down to one car currently...and trying to live as such is beginning to have a toll. I am not sure I can survive the stress level of trying to arrange every ones lives around one car...I often drop a piece...this weekend it was a primary activity...and then I had to endure the cold and angry stares of a blue eyed little darling for the remainder of the weekend.

I did walk Saturday morning..it was delicious. They live in the country, and I in the city...so It was just so nice to smell fresh air, to walk across frozen furrows instead of concrete, and to hear the rush of flowing water instead of the rush of cars!

I made a mistake Sunday Morning...I weighed myself. Since torturing myself with early morning wake ups and sore muscles for the remainder of the day, I have gained two and a half pounds. Not the direction I want to head. This affected my motivation this morning...I confess to thinking..."What's the point?"

I will however, make a commitment to go walking today. The weather is nice, I am going to hike through the snow to the back shed and dig out the double stroller. Walk with the little people at 12:15 sharp!!!

Here is a picture from my early morning walk on Friday. If I catch it just right, I have a little patch of trees near my house, and sometimes I can pretend that I don't live just above the city!

No comments:

Post a Comment