Monday, March 23, 2009

http://www.lds.org/churchmusic/detailmusicPlayer/index.html?searchlanguage=1&searchcollection=1&searchseqstart=129&searchsubseqstart=%20&searchseqend=129&searchsubseqend=ZZZ

I have no idea if this will work...but if it does, click on the link to find a song that I love, that always comforts me when I am feeling discouraged. I tested it and I think it does work...you just need to select words and music, if you want to hear the words sung to you. ( the place to change it is on the upper left side.)

I had to play the piano this weekend, to fill in for the organist while she was visiting family, and this was one of the songs. It was a comfort to practice all week. While I played on Sunday I felt overwhelmed with a sweet spirit of truth and comfort. I know that my Father in Heaven is there, I know that my Savior loves me and this brings comfort and reminds me where I need to turn for peace.

When it says "I draw myself apart, Searching my soul." and "Where, when my aching grows, Where when I languish," it just seems to speak to me. I so often feel that way, as if I am being drawn apart. I love the phrase.."Gentle the peace he finds for my beseeching." Great song!

2 comments:

  1. It works! and is a truly comforting hymn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am playing a version of this on Sunday for a missionary who is leaving soon. It is a beautiful piece. I think Sister Nichols met Emma Lou Thayne

    ReplyDelete