Monday, February 21, 2011

Don't ask.....(about my attempted family cut)

As far as a general child care update...it is going much better. Every day is chaotic and so much hard work, but either things have settled somewhat...or I have adjusted to the mayhem.

Really, though, there are moments when my challenging kiddos, who just don't know how to play or interact with other children in positive ways...suddenly are playing appropriately. Or suddenly the screaming stops...and I listen, and hear a cooperative imagination game...and I feel a little thrill. There really is some progress.

I have a goal to do better with paperwork.

If I manage to ever cut this one family...then I will give the second challenging family until June. If things aren't clicking by then, I will make a second cut, and go from there. I keep thinking I will quit child care, but I really love being at home, being able to care for my family and home. During the summer, I think I would weep if I could not play outside and take care of my gardens. I love being available for my children. So, rather than quit, I am going to try to be strong and make changes that will help me get back to loving what I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment