Friday, February 18, 2011

Failure to launch

Well, I did not inform my family of my intentions. With no notice whatsoever...they just happened to come! And I could not bring myself to do it. I really feel affection for the family...aaargh!!!



In counseling this week, we learned something that really clicked for me. I liked it well enough to come straight home and make a poster for our family to see every day.

The idea is very basic, and I am sure you understand it, just from looking at the picture. But this issue with child care is a perfect example of moving through these states of mind. When I have a bad day, and am overwhelmed, I want to quit child care. I am working from my emotional mind. When I sit down and make charts about why I need to make a change, I am in my rational mind...but without the emotion, I fail to take a step. Right now, I am in my wise mind. I understand and feel that I am in over my head. I feel particularly frustrated by this one child, and understand that I don't have the ability to help her, and another center or program will be better suited to her needs. The trick is...how do I stay in my wise mind long enough to have the conversation with the parents!!!!???

Today...I will try again!

"Wise mind...wise mind...wise mind...wise mind...wise mind...."

No comments:

Post a Comment