Thursday, August 20, 2009

Happiness

I have a dream forming in my mind. It is of the place I will live when I am rich and famous and retired. It will be on the coast of Maine, a small and tidy cottage, looking out over the ocean, surrounded by gardens bursting with color and nestled not too far from the trees. I will sit on my porch, resting in the tickling caresses of the ocean breezes, on a calm day! And on a stormy day, I will revel in the powerful play of the wild wind, stirring the air and my soul. Since a concern has been voiced about the tick population, my yard will be tended by tick eating guinea hens...dutifully scratching and pecking the ticks away.


You know...I am feeling pretty happy these days. Childcare has been very quiet...the calm before the storm...without a doubt.

Yesterday, I experimented with a super duper new blender I received for my Birthday. Fruit smoothies...twice! (once for the girls...early...once for the sleepy boys..later)

We used blueberries, strawberries, banana...cantaloupe...yogurt and milk...vanilla..YUM!!!

4 comments:

  1. I shall join you, and we shall drink fruit smoothies on the front porch together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. consider me a frequent visitor in your dream, or even better, a neighbor!

    ReplyDelete