Friday, May 7, 2010

TMI Update

So, I think someone recently asked in surprise, if I was still doing the "cloth pad" thing. Well, the answer is, I am! There are several reasons why...

I can play with pretty fabrics and make pads that fit my needs just right. Above is a nice sleek one...perfect for under jeans or slacks.
Above is a nice flannel and fleece one...so soft and perfect for home days.
Below is what I call the "Mega overnight pad." It is not sleek, and I have not actually given it a test run yet, but I am hoping it will solve some little problems I have during the night sometimes.



See, flannel and fleece and pretty cottons! I can do them so quickly, it is a very reasonable sewing project, that I don't have to worry about leaving out and having pieces lost, or forgetting where I am in the project. I sort of have in the back of my mind that if I get good enough...perhaps I can sell them on an Etsy store.
I also have been dabbling in making earrings. A friend at work gave me some goodies, and I supplimented a bit, and have been having lots of fun with earring making.
Happy day to you all!
PS...this is all to satisfy my fabric fever...until I can be a quilter. Do you know that I am terrified I will get arthritis and never be able to quilt?

2 comments:

  1. Love the earrings! I want to get into jewelery making.
    Do the girls use your little personal hygiene products as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. GIRL...only one...GIRL...not two! Sierra does in a pinch, but she is not on board! I totally understand. It works for me because i am totally beyond and social restraints! :)

    ReplyDelete