Tuesday, January 26, 2010

New Year

Well, it has been quite awhile. The problem with this blog, is that I want it to be thoughtful and enlightening for myself...and finding a quiet time to really think about what I am writing is rare.

So I want to do an assessment of the past year. It was a rough year in many ways, but I grew a lot as well.

Here are some things I did that I like.
  • I stuck with counseling for a whole year...yay me!
  • I started a blog and found out some interesting things about myself. (my blog habits reflect a lot about me!)
  • I changed to a new doctor who I really like better than the last one.
  • I spoke to said doctor and started taking antidepressants, and am feeling much happier and more in control of my emotions...(most of the time).
  • I reconnected with a dear friend and can hardly figure out how we managed to be apart for so long. I have missed my sister-friend, and am relishing having her back in my life.
  • I re-learned to knit.
  • I spent a whole LONG weekend away from my family...and we all survived. Thank you to all who made it happen!!!

Here are some things I would like to do in the coming year...

  • Learn to knit a soft cozy kiddo sweater.
  • Learn to feel less guilty about everything in my life..and perhaps in yours. (really...I may have perfected guilt..)
  • Spend a whole LONG LONG weekend away from my family.(maybe 4 days and three nights)
  • Blog more regularly...let's see..can I commit? Hmm...how bout a regular three times a week..Sunday...Tuesday..and Friday. (there..note on wall above computer)
  • find a stick to it-able health plan...

No comments:

Post a Comment