Friday, October 29, 2010

Paradise Lost

Well, I have been having a bit of fun lately! For weeks, and perhaps months, I have been planning a surprise getaway for my husband and myself. It started with a conversation about how difficult it is to find time to spend together. We specifically talked about trying to get to the temple more often. I thought the long weekend off, for teacher convention weekend, would be perfect. Then, as I thought about going, I realized that it would be pretty fabulous to spend the night...then go to a ball game...then I realized I wanted to go to the ocean...so a second night was imagined. I took all my imaginings, and started squirreling away money, purchasing tickets, checking out lodging...planning itineraries...etc.

The end of the story is that we got away! We had a lovely meandering time, balancing each of our interests and most importantly celebrating our interest in each other. It was, in a word, decadent. I took quite a few pictures, but not nearly as many as I could have!
I think that one of my favorite things was just seeing so many artistic and unique buildings. There was such a variety from the college campus, to the city, to the tiny town of Magnolia, to the Cape. I enjoyed quiet morning walks, while Matthew relished his mornings in bed. Honestly, it seemed like so much time to be away, but it seemed like time was so fleeting! I shall post some picture rich posts here shortly!

Alas, we did have to return. It was wonderful to bask in the love and affection of our poor abandoned children! There were some bittersweet moments, as we realized that some freedoms were taken advantage of... But, over all, lovely to be home.

The work week has been tough though. This home childcare business is taking its toll on my emotions and self esteem. I have such a clear vision of how I want things to be, but day after day I fall victim to my own emotions and impatience and fall short of my expectations. I lay in bed the other night, unable to sleep...just bemoaning the awful day. I am trying to decide if this just isn't the job for me, or if I need to persevere and overcome. I have been researching radiographer jobs and education...and have also completed the coursework I need to renew my license for teaching. So, I could have my teaching license renewed as soon as I mail it off! I have a goal to make a decision by June. I will either have a new resolve to stay home and run a business that fulfills my expectations, or I will try to return to teaching, or I will go back to school and just try something brand new!

No comments:

Post a Comment