Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Still alive

Well...I am not saying a word of defense....

OK...just a few...

Do you know what has taken me so long to blog? The camera was in the basement....and I could never remember it when I was down there, and I just could not motivate myself to actually make a special trip! Ridiculous, no?
So...forgive the repitition, but I am irritated at the lack of a decent camera. (I am hoping that Santa will bring one...or do I want a dishwasher...aarrgghh....) At any rate, I have found the best succes with the Video Camera when I use the multi-shot function, and out of 10 pictures, I can sometimes get 1 that is worth posting. So, from Family Reunion and the surrounding days, I took 269 photos. I have been culling them, and am down to 177. See...It REALLY is hard to find the time to devote to this!
Here is a really cute chipmunk we saw on our walk to the milking barn, at an August family Reunion. And a really cool fungus, that I think Twitch caught on film! (Nicely done, actually) Can I just tell you how much I love brown cows? I ADORE them. So very sweet.I have more pictures from that August Weekend, and the camera is fully charged, and upstairs, so I will try to be more diligent, for those who care to keep up with my dreary life.

(that was a joke...my life is not dreary...though I don't often share the more exciting adventures)

Hey, just for kicks, perhaps I should.

The other day, I was tired, irritable and took out my frustrations on the fruit flies infesting my house. As I ranted and raged, dear Twitch came up behind me, and before I could register what he was doing, told me to step aside. Within seconds..there was a roaring flame, a good foot long, delightfully scented of bergamont..and manliness..consuming in little flashes of flame those hated fruit flies. Twitch decided that his aerosol deoderant and a match would solve my problem. I wanted to yell at him, cause it wasn't a safe choice. But honestly, I was mesmerized by the roaring flame. And I was secretly gleeful as those tiny bursts of flame testified of the death of a fruit fly.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome photos! And I think I may try that deodorant trick on my fruit flies. I can just imagine you giggling evilly as they burst into flame!

    ReplyDelete