Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hello Hello...anyone there?



Oops..I guess it is me who is absent lately.

This is my garden. (OK..maybe only my fantasy garden. Mine is pretty sad)

We have made the transfer into a busy summer, full of kids and doctor appts etc etc. It will likely drive me crazy. Hmm..I wonder if I should do a pre and post assessment of gray hairs.

I went to my doctor's appt. I even stepped on the scale and didn't die, or have a heart attack. Everything was good, as far as I know. We did the routine blood work deal, and I suppose they will call me if anything is wrong.

I even discussed some issues I have been having with anxiety. I have been given a mild prescription for diazepam..rather than a more consistent medication, cause lots of times I am just fine. (giggle..they gave me valium...)

I have it, which is a comfort, cause there have been times when the anxiety is quite uncomfortable, and especially when I am at work, akward. But I hope to not need it too often. I will go back in a month to check and see if this is the best choice, or if we might need to choose a medication with more overall effect and less addictive nature.

Wish I had exciting things to report, but I am not feeling very exciting right now.

Well, one exciting event is coming in the future. I am going on a camping trip..without children! I am very excited. It will be with a friend!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are taking care of yourself! Good for you! A camping trip sounds like a fun way to spend time with a friend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three cheers. When we share problems I think they get smaller. I hope that Valium doesn't have the same effect on you that it did on me!! You were 18 months old and when I woke up you were playing in the middle of the road. I didn't know what hit me and was glad that nothing had hit you!!

    ReplyDelete