Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Just here

You know, I have been avoiding blogging, cause I don't have pictures. But I have some thoughts tumbling around in my head, and this is a nice way to get them out. Thanks to my dear husband, we are in the midst of revamping kitchen cabinets...just a simple coat of white paint, and repairing faulty shelves etc.

As we are going through this process, I am realizing and remembering how disgusted I have been by these cupboards since we moved in. They are covered in grease, sticky, nasty and gross. The drawers are falling apart...shelves falling and irritating. But all along I haven't done a thing about it, but have been irritated and grossed out.

Why do I do that? Why did I not just clean them the best I could? (See...the cupboards aren't the only incident with this behavior, so I am very interested in getting to the bottom of this question!)

So...in summary..I think I avoid things that are overwhelming, and more importantly, things that feel like they can never be perfect. This leads to the "why bother" attitude, and chronic dissatisfaction with myself, my surroundings, and even others!

Hmmmm...lots to think about! Suggestions and thoughts are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment